måndag 1 augusti 2011

Dagens låt


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gypsy_Laddie

a gypsy came to the castle gate,
he sang so sweet and wild
and with his song he stole away
the master's only child

oh she cast away her silken gown,
she cast away her pride
and ran with him into the night,
down to the sea so wild

come home come home my bonnie little child,
come home again to me
sit once more by your own fire side
with your head upon my knee

oh i'd rather live an hour here
than seven long years with thee
and feel the salt spray on my cheek
and know that I am free

oh she danced in the wind and she danced in the rain
on the edge of the cliffs and the shore,
and she tasted the salt upon her cheek
and never came home no more

til...

a babe was born on a summer's morn,
he was his parent's joy,
his mother held him to her heart,
her precious gypsy boy,
she took him to her father's house,
she beat upon the gate,
cryin' come and see my darlin' babe,
we named him for your sake,

come home come home my bonnie little child,
come home again to me
and the father of that darlin' babe
shall be a son to me,
they danced all the day they danced all the night,
and they danced on the cliffs and the shore,
and the master held his grandchild tight,
and ne'er was alone no more.

1 kommentar: